Has someone ever done something kind for you? Did you appreciate it? Did you do something concrete to show you appreciation?
Have you ever held a door for someone and they passed right by without saying a word of thanks or some kind of acknowledgement. How did that make you feel? Would that encourage you to continue to show courtesy?
We can see that much good is accomplished when someone shows appreciation for something that was either done for them or given to them. It cheers the heart of a person that is the doer or the giver. It encourages the doingof more good and kind deeds.
What does the word appreciation mean?
Appreciation means acknowledgment of some act or gift by the recipient. This can be expressed by some expression or gesture of gratitude. It means that the recipient recognizes in some way that someone did something for them.
What different ways are there to show someone your appreciation?
* One can utter a verbal expression of appreciation by a smile and an audible “thank you”.
* One can write a note or a card and give it to the person in their hands. This way you are sure that they have received it. Some keep cards they receive and read them from time to time. This multiplies your expression of appreciation every time the person re-reads or looks at the note or card.
* If the person lives some distance, then a
* At times, giving a gift might be appropriate. If that is done, then give a gift of something that they will use often. By doing that, they will always remember your appreciative spirit and your gift of appreciation
* With God, we can say a prayer of thanks. Think of how much and how many things he does for us each day. God is also appreciative and remembers what we do. Hebrews 6:10 (GW) “ God is fair. He won’t forget what you’ve done or the love you’ve shown for him. You helped his holy people, and you continue to help them.”
Can you do something for someone soon to show your appreciation?
Is there someone that has done something for you recently? Is there someone that is always doing something good for you? Have you acknowledged the kindness by some act of appreciation? Might this be a good time to do it?
This artcle is based on my own experience and point of view.