Whatever you are looking for, do you not agree that without good health nothing else can be enjoyed to the full?
So the key to achieving all that we want is finding the key to enjoying the best health possible and for as long as posiible.
But you may ask? Who is 1hopefulman and what does he know? I have done many things in my short life. I have had many experiences. I have done much observation and I have done much research. So far, and I say so far because life is so unpredictable. But so far, I have lived longerthan:
John Lennon (40), Michael Jackson (51), Elvis Presley (42), Karen Carpenter (33), Jimi Hendrix (28), Janis Joplin (27), (I mean no disrespect for these people that have added so much joy to my life. I am merely stating that I have lived longer than some of my favourite entertainers) and John F. Kennedy (46), Alexander the Great (33), and Napoleon Bonaparte (52) (I have lived longer than some of the most powerful military and political leaders that have ever lived; Again I am just stating a fact).
My ten steps
They are in order of importance as I have come to appreciate them, except for the last one. I saved the best one, number eleven for last.
Of course, it goes without saying, that we should avoid all negative and harmful things to the body and mind (smoking, overconsumption of alcohol, drugs, etc.).
1) Drink enough water! By water, I mean water, not juices, not alcohol, not coffee or tea, not milk, but pure plain simple water. Best formula I have come across to decide how much water we should drink, is to take our body weight, divide it by two, and drink the results in ounces of water. (example: 150 pound person, should drink 75 ounces of water or about 9 cups)
2) Treat your body to best nutrition possible! Eat plenty of fresh uncooked fruits and vegetables, as you want to preserve as much nutrients as possible. Eat sparingly fatty foods like nuts, seeds, avocados but do eat some nevertheless. Eat simple meals with just a few or even one item at the time. Make it easier on the digestive system.
3) Lead an active lifestyle and exercise!
4) Sleep, rest, relaxation! Get plenty of sleep, as much you need, get up with the sun and go to sleep with the sun if possible. Rest and take a break a couple of times a day. Stop and smell the roses or count your blessings.
5) Relationships, friends, love! Closely associate with only positive, loving people. You don’t need a lot of friends just a few good ones.
6) A hobby or passion that is not work. Learn to play an instrument, write poetry, paint, etc.
7) Keep your mind active. Do puzzles, crosswords, play board games like chess, scrabble, etc.
8) Enjoy the outdoors! Get plenty of fresh air and sunshine. Take vacations. Visit mountains, lakes, ocean, rivers, parks, etc.
9) Positive attitude! Always look at the bright side of things. Look for the silver lining. Look for the rainbow at the end of the storm.
10) Smile, laugh, and keep your sense of humour! Laughter is the best medicine, so don’t neglect it. Watch comedies.
*** Most important of all! Make sure God is part of your life. So take some time every day for spirituality and prayer. Communicate with the Creator. After all, life is very short, no matter how long we live. Let us be grateful for all that we have received.
So if you are looking for the joie de vivre, la dolce vita, the good life? Remember, that even if you have everything, without health and life, you have nothing. Remember, that a journey of thousand miles starts with a single step. I have given you your first eleven steps, so start your journey today to a happier, healthier, longer, more satisfying and successful life. When you have health, you have everything. So don’t wait, don’t hesitate, start today!