“How can you mend a broken heart?” That was the title of a song, some time ago, by one of my favorite bands: the Bee Gees. The lyrics of that song imply that it is very difficult to mend, fix or heal a broken heart, that it is like trying to stop the rain from falling or the sun from shining. The song is really a plea for help and assistance to heal a broken heart.
Is it really that hard to mend a broken heart? Can one mend a broken heart?
One can mend, heal or fix a broken heart, ifone knows how and is determined to do so.
What can help to mend a broken heart?
These are things that can soothe, heal and eventually mend or heal a broken heart. Yes, they can eventually lead one to even love again. They work! Many have survived a broken heart and have moved on to better things. You can too!
Here are some healing steps that work!
1) Pray to God. Communication with the Creator is very soothing. He that designed the heart knows what it takes to heal it when it is in pain. So always maintain a strong relationship with him. Ask for strength and support at that painful time. Share the pain with the one who is always there and cares.
2) Get the support of others. Rally the support of friends, family and even strangers who will listen and be a source of comfort. By talking and sharing one’s feelings with others, one pours out and drains the pain or death-dealing poison that has been injected into one’s heart.
3) Forgive the offender. No matter how hard that may be and even if one does not and will not ever want to see the offender again. Getting rid of hatred in one’s heart is a healing step because hatred is another destructive poison. How can a heart heal if there are destructive factors in it?
4) Cry, cry and cry again. Cry a river, if that is necessary to wash away the pain, the sorrow and the hurt. If one
5) Think positive thoughts. What positive thoughts? Here are a few. There are other fish in the sea. Someday, someone that appreciates who you are and what you have will come along. Now, there is more time for this or that. There is a wonderful, huge world out there. There is so much more to life than this now-dead relationship.
6) Keep busy in useful activities. Don’t just keep busy, do something useful or helpful. Do something for the less fortunate. There are many that are suffering. As one helps others, one helps oneself.
7) Do not isolate yourself. One may need some time to themselves but it should be limited. Isolating oneself for too long might just fill one’s mind with a lot of negative thoughts and one’s heart with a lot of negative emotions. Re-living the pain over and over again is not healing. When with others, one’s focus shifts to more constructive things.
8) Don't jump into another relationship too quickly. Mourn the lost one, and take the time needed to get over it. One does not need what might turn out to be another problem too quickly.
9) Do fun things. Listen to up-beat music. Go dancing. Do some exercise. Learn something new. Watch some comedic movies.
Some of these things may be helpful to you as you try to mend, fix, repair or heal a broken heart. Many a heart has been broken and many a heart has been mended.
Yes, a broken heart can be mended! Yours can too!