We cannot see bacteria or viruses with our naked eye but we have produced powerful microscopes so that we can see these invisible organisms. We have yet to produce an instrument to help us see God. Yet, God has long given us instruments to help us see him. What instruments has God given us to help us see him?
Instruments God has given us to help us see him:
1) The universe. All that we see, hear, feel, and touch tells us something about God. We have to open our mind and think, reason, perceive and understand that God has left hisfingerprints everywhere.
2) The Bible. To tell us about himself, God has inspired the writing of 66 letters to answer our questions and to give us more details about himself. The first verse of the book of Genesis, the first letter of God tells us plainly that in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. How else would God begin to tell us about himself?
3) Prayer. God has given us a way to communicate with him through the avenue of prayer. Anytime, anywhere, we can silently or audibly
4) Moral code. He has given us a moral code to help us live the best way possible in a temporary enemy world.
5) Conscience. He has given us a helper, a conscience, to fine tune the way we live so that we can be acceptable as his friends.
6) Friendship. He wants to be his friends and to be at peace with him. Like a loving Father, he has gives us all the provisions we need to “see” him.
Just like we cannot look at the sun with our eyes, so we cannot see God. Yet, though the sun is about 150 million kilometers (93 million miles) away: is it really too far from us to enjoy the blessings? Would we want to get any closer and touch it? No, the sun is not too far from us. Similarly God is not too far from any that want to “see” or communicate with him.