What are the dangers of letting our computer control our lives?
But before we discuss the dangers, let us first discuss the many benefits of computer and internet use.
What are some of the benefits?
• We are watching less television. The computer allows us to think and not just vegetate.
• We are able to get information quickly.
• It keeps us busy.
• It relieves boredom.
What are some of the possible dangers and harm of overuse of the computer?
• We might not getting enough sleep. In the long run, we will pay for that.
• Our friends don’t see you as much, as we haveless time to socialize in real life.
• If we have been online late into the next day, we might be late for important appointments, as we have a hard time getting up.
• We eat in a hurry and may not chew our food properly, which might cause health challenges down the road.
• Is being too close to the screen so much harming our eyes and our brains? It may take years before that becomes apparent. Probably better to take some breaks in between by going outdoors and hugging a tree or walking barefoot on the grass to to get the beneficial life-giving
• We may be doing way too much sitting. So let us get up every so often and walk a bit to keep the circulation going.
Some positive suggestions:
• Put the computer near a window and every once in a while look outside and into the distance so that our eyes don’t become lazy.
• Limit the time you spent on the computer, especially if we are neglecting other important things in our life.
• Like money, computers and the internet can be wonderful servants but they make harmful masters.
Like anything else, the key is moderation and control. Don’t let the computer become your master! It is not in control, you are! Get a grip of your life if you suffer from computer addiction!